Friday, September 13, 2013

Wedding Planning Fun

The most fun things about planning my wedding so far have been looking at bouquets and centre piece inspiration. Pinterest is such an addictive but great tool when it comes to wedding time. I need to watch myself before I waste half the day on there, but I must say I've gotten most of my ideas for flowers and decoration from Pinterest. 

What is your favourite part of wedding planning?

The theme that Alan and I are going for is Fireworks. Why? Not because we are big Katy Perry fans, but because we met at the Natal day (Nova Scotia's civil holiday) firework show. My friend organized a boat cruise for a bunch of her friends were we had Jello shots and dirty hooker (banana bols and red sour puss) shots- so fun! I didn't know many people there, but I did meet this guy named Alan. I told him that my favourite fireworks were the Beyoncé ones- you know, the ones that look like her hair in the movie Goldfinger. 

Anyway! There is a lot more to that story that I will save for a later date. Stemming from fireworks I came up with colourful and sparkly! Look at my bouquet inspiration below to see what I mean by colourful- not like rainbow colourful, but like tropical...maybe? 



 I plan on incorporating colourful in the décor with a pom pom banner like this honeycomb one below, I'm thinking on stringing this below the head table:



Now, the fun part is the amount of glitter that I've been purchasing over the past couples months. My vision for the centre pieces is an eclectic mix of candle holders and vases all made over into glittery wonders topped with some fresh flowers. Hard to imagine? Take a look below to see what I mean:

And this is some of what I've done so far inspired by the above photos:
                                                 

                                                          
 


For the ceremony, I want it to be a bit more elegant and I really wanted something to draw the eye into the centre were Alan and I will be standing. I found this altar on an online classifieds and snatched it up as quick as I could. I love it. There is a rod in behind where the previous couple hung sheers, however, we will be hanging ribbon strung with sparkly beads like the inspiration picture below:


 And finally, here is a picture of a part of the room where we are getting married. It is in a harbour view room where 3 of the 4 walls are windows over looking the water and city. It is beautiful and I love the ceiling.


Let me know what you think and what to keep in mind when planning a wedding! 

Cheers, 
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment