Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Clipless Curling Wand: Is There a Cheaper Alternative?

Hello loves,



So, I am getting much more into styling my hair over the past year. As I have mentioned, I purchased the NuMe Curl Jam set for the clipless curling wand in three different sized barrels. Prior to purchasing this, when I wanted to curl my hair I used the incredibly inexpensive Conair Instant Heat 3/4 inch standard curling iron ($10 if that at Walmart). When the clipless trend came about, I just wrapped my hair over the barrel and clip and seemed to achieve the same results.

I wanted to test these two products, side by side, to see if the clipless wands are worth the hype, and if NuMe wands are worth the price tag.

Findings:
1) The NuMe wand was much faster at curling my hair (9 mins vs. Conair's 14 mins)

2) The NuMe wand left my hair noticeably more shiny.

3) The Conair iron left my hair easier to fluff

4) I burnt my finger twice with the NuMe, and zero times with the Conair. (The NuMe does come with a glove which I always neglect).

5) I hesitantly say I prefer the look of the curls from the Conair (though, they look extremely similar)

Conclusion:

I appreciate the speed of the NuMe and how it felt in my hand versus the Conair. However, if we are simply judging based on the final look, I would recommend saving your money and picking up the Conair.

Thanks for your time and for checking out my video here. 

Cheers,
Sara x0


No comments:

Post a Comment