Monday, August 3, 2009

sara does mac does barbie!

So I wasn't able to sleep one night and at 4am I thought makeup application would be appropriate. So I was thinking since it was so late/early that I wouldn't be wearing this out and I could do a fun look. I chose to do a Barbie theme and found this picture of the icon:
I think that the outcome looks like a more wearable version of this look from MAC for their Barbie collection:
So these pictures were taken at 5am haha, I have issuses with sleep. The colours didn't show up as bright as they were in person. Anyways, I used MAC's paint in Untitled for a base, then a mix of MAC's Orb and Bitter on the lid, MAC Handwritten for a dramatic crease and along lower lash line, MAC Dollymix blush above crease and blended into Naked Lunch for a highlight. Liner was MAC fluidline in blacktrack. Diorshow Backstage mascara and Ardell lashes in 116 on lashes, Bare Minerals foundation in Medium Tan, Dollymix and Blunt on cheeks. I used MAC Magenta lip liner and for the lip colour I used a mix of MAC Gladiola and Cream Cup with Peroxide lipglass over top.

I really like how the lips turned out. I was aiming for the colour on the first inspiration picture and I think I was pretty successful. This was a really fun look to do, and it makes me want to do more themed looks! I was thinking Disney Princesses? I dunno! Some night when I can't sleep I'm sure I will make up my mind. Hope you enjoy! :)
-sara x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment